[Asterisk-biz] alternative to efax needed

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Sat Sep 10 11:33:33 MST 2005

First impression I got is that they are somewhat technically challenged:

I browsed to http://myfax.com/ and was greeted with Bad Request (Invalid
Hostname)

If the default IP for the domain was pointed to a server running apache2
they could easily fix this regardless of what software runs the www:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName myfax.com
RedirectMatch (.*) http://www.myfax.com/
</VirtualHost>

I know that the webserver they use(I can't say the name without wanting
to puke) can be configured to handle this. I also know that it can also
be handled with a simple web page:

<head>
<title>Redirection</title>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0 ; URL=http://www.myfax.com/">
</head>
<center>
<A href="http://www.myfax.com">
Click here to go to the correct page
</A>
</center>

Once I went to the www I found nothing else that impressed me.