[Asterisk-biz] alternative to efax needed

Rehan Ahmed AllahWala - Super Technologies I rehan at supertec.com
Sat Sep 10 11:19:02 MST 2005

You can use www.k7.net

we will have superfax.com doing efax, but it will be a few months

Rehan

Date sent:      	Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:41:43 -0400
From:           	Paul <digium-list at 9ux.com>
To:             	Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
	<asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>
Subject:        	[Asterisk-biz] alternative to efax needed
Send reply to:  	Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
	<asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>
	<asterisk-biz.lists.digium.com>
	<mailto:asterisk-biz-request at lists.digium.com?subject=unsubscribe>
	<mailto:asterisk-biz-request at lists.digium.com?subject=subscribe>

> The only good thing I can possibly say about efax support is that it
> is so kind of them to hire so many mentally challenged folks.
>
> I have had a $12.95/month number with them for a few years. I get less
> than 25 faxes per month and about half of them are junk faxes. I used
> the send feature a few times but a few months ago it stopped working
> with firefox/linux so I just went ahead and plugged my hp all-in-one
> into a phone line for sending.
>
> Anyway, I recently logged into the account and changed the credit card
> on file. Because the outgoing prepay balance was below $2 they
> attempted to charge the card $10. I kindly asked them if they could
> just credit my usage balance 60 cents to make it $2.10 since I have no
> intention of ever using them for sending again. The result of this is
> a few emails explaining what I already know about the $2 threshhold
> triggering a $10 charge. My messages to them have simply stated that
> if they won't credit me 60 cents I will cancel the service entirely.
>
> Anybody here offering good alternatives to efax/j2? Note that local
> DID is no longer much of a feature since nobody in US48 should be
> paying nore than 4c these days. Security is important. The simplest
> implementation I can think of is to only send notification email and
> let the subscriber pick up the file via https. I actually think that
> approach is best for SOHO voip-ers. I have seen call quality degrade
> while emails with large attachments are arriving.
>
> There are several other things I can suggest if anybody here is
> serious about getting into this market. I setup hylafax without
> problems over 4 years ago. I had no problem getting it so email the
> faxes as a pdf attachment. The only reason I did not use it for
> production is that even with my centrex contract it did not make sense
> to dedicate a line for a dozen faxes per month. I believe the market
> for this type of service improves as fax usage declines.

Super Technologies Inc., Pensacola, Florida
http://www.supertec.com - Technologies from tomorrow, TODAY!
http://www.VirtualPhoneLine.com - Get A US, UK, EU Number, Forward it to
any  number in the world instantly.
http://www.PhoneOpia.com - SIP Based OPEN Phone Services.