[Asterisk-biz] [Announce] ARI 00.02.000

Dan Littlejohn dan at littlejohnconsulting.com
Tue Oct 18 20:07:41 MST 2005

Happy to announce the release ARI 00.02.000.  Quite a big update.
  http://www.littlejohnconsulting.com/?q=node/11

Sponsors

Northwest VOIP has generously Sponsored the addition of the call
monitor record options.  If you get a change take a look at their
offerings.  www.northwestvoip.com

If you have a need and would like to sponsor a feature please feel
free to contact me. I have reduced rates for ARI core development and
will be glad to highlight your contribution on every subsequent
release of ARI.

Release Notes

The focus of the project has changed to make it more of a user centric
portal to Asterisk (where as AMP is an admin portal to Asterisk).
To that end, a settings page has been added, and there has been a
major architectural change to allow a module plugin architecture and a
movement to OO design.
But not to bore people with developer details, here is what's new:

 * added i18n language support
 * added user settings page
   - i18n language setting
   - voicemail password setting
   - voicemail audio recording playback setting (.wav,.gsm)
   - call monitor record options
  * converted modules to a OO plugin architecture
 * added version to footer
  * add easy re-work theme customization (some css know how or a
willingness to get feet wet required)
   - easy to change logo
   - theme chopped up in to easy to change pieces (header, layout,
navigation, etc)
 * added call monitor delete recording functionality (does not delete
database entry)
   - is not enabled by default

 * fixed bug if no folder or extension was selected and "move_to" or
   "forward_to" clicked (bug submitted by Elias Sofronas)
  * fixed bug to find call recording files better (patch submitted by
Mark Voevodin)
 * fixed bug for navigation and search controls to link to correct
   folder (bug submitted by Elias Sofronas)
  * fixed bug to view src and dst calls in call monitor when
   restricted (bug submitted by Elias Sofronas and Thomas Stalder)

Checked into CVS.

i18n language translation

If you have a need for a i18n language translation to be added,
attached is the i18n file that needs to be updated.  Complete it,
return it to me, and I will compile it in.

Plugins

Note that the module plugin architecture will allow for motivated
people to build modules for ARI.  For the adventurous, attached is a
plugin template, it is modeled shamelessly after Drupal.
All that is needed is for a minimum of three functions be developed
  <module_name>_rank     * used for menu item placement in the navigation window
  <module_name>_nav_menu
  <module_name>_display
and for the completed module to be placed in the ./modules directory.
A new menu item will appear and allow you to view the new page of the
module.

Testing

Tested against Asterisk 1.0.9, AMP 01.10.009, and Asterisk @Home 2.0 Beta 4

I am looking forward to peoples response and input and will be greatly
expanding the user settings page and looking at better integration to
Asterisk Realtime.
More to come.

Thanks;

Dan Littlejohn