[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Ffork - OpenPBX.org

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Tue Oct 11 22:32:22 MST 2005

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 01:13 -0400, Paul wrote:
>

>>I really don't see how any government can afford to properly evaluate
>>patent applications with the fees they collect. They charge the same fee
>>for salad spinners and codecs.
>>

>And you get about the same results, there are some really silly patents
>out there.  Some as simple as 2 C instructions.

Funny thing is how you see patent numbers and patent pending on a lot of
simple one-piece plastic items. I look those new ice cube trays and
laundry baskets over carefully and never find anything obviously innovative.

I'm sure that's the case with the salad spinner. He couldn't get a
patent on centrifugal force unless he put a microcomputer and software
into the product. :-)