[Asterisk-biz] Legacy PBX consultant required for CTI questions

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Oct 4 14:17:31 MST 2005

This is not an Asterisk-specific question.  In fact, it is explicitly
NOT Asterisk related, directly.  However, the goal here is to get
information about older PBX platforms that I need to integrate with
Asterisk, so this list might be appropriate, or you could perhaps
forward this to someone who fit the bill.

I need a few hours of phone time with a consultant who has an
extremely deep understanding of the CTI design of the following
vendors:

   - Avaya
   - Cisco
   - Nortel
   - Siemens

I need to generate a comparison sheet of Asterisk's CTI
(<cough>Manager Interface<cough>) to these vendors.  The protocol
method, physical interconnect, general prices of components, market
penetration of CTI modules, and difficulty levels of integration are
on my list of discussion points.  I will require specific answers on
element availability (i.e.: "How do I see how many voicemail trunks
are in use on an Avaya?") and protocol implementation (i.e.: "Is it
using CSTA I, II, or III or is there a custom interface?  Serial data
or socket-based?  What is the security structure? etc.")

If you think you have answers to these questions, send along via
email (jtodd at loligo.com) a quick description of who you are, and your
hourly price for telephone consulting.

JT