[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk / Linux / Networking Workers Needed

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Nov 20 11:37:49 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 11:20 -0700, Michael Welter wrote:
> I was an ex-pat in London for two years during the 90s.  I got crossways
> with Inland Revenue and came back to the states, but that has since been
> resolved and I would certainly like to live there again.  We'd also like
> to live near the Italian Riviera/Piedmont/Tuscany, but I don't think
> there are as many career opportunities there.
>
> Hope to continue to see you on the list, Bret.

That is the cool thing about email it works everywhere :)

I dunno about the VoIP market in Italy, specifically that region, but it
seems to me that it is a vacation destination and that means resorts.
So if you get your sales hat on you might be able to make work there.
Getting the work permit may be a different issue :/

I recently read a news article that europe VoIP is growing fairly
rapidly, so there is hope at least, if you really want to be there and
still make a living.  I have many google news alerts for links to put on
sacaug.org, so I know that google news should be able to give you a
recent article on the state of the market there.

I would think that it would be growing faster in eastern europe, and do
know that at least a few years ago the former soviet countries were
desperatly seeking alternatives to their (then) current phone networks
(largely going back to the moscow switch).  This was about 2001-2002
when I was reading this.  I would imagine that many countries not that
far from where you want to be could benefit from someone going in and
doing work.

Of course taxes vary, ireland (republic) corporate tax is 10% but only
on profits made in country, everything else they dont care about.  :)
UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378