[Asterisk-biz] Who uses only VOIP for their business?

Michael Welter mike at telecommatters.net
Wed Nov 16 16:10:45 MST 2005

Juan Cardenas wrote:
> I own a small call center and the implementation of VOIP has been a
> nightmare. Since I operate 24/7 I tend to notice more than those of us
> working 9-5 of system problems. I use Voicepulse Connect! Service and
> their DID’s have had problems everyday at the most crucial hour, usually
> 5pm. I have already lost customers do to this and it makes want to ask,
> how many like me are out there. What steps has you taken to make your
> VOIP solution for reliable. Server wise, Asterisk wise everything has
> been great. It’s these VOIP outages that kill me. If it’s not about
> calls that don’t ring in, it’s busy DID numbers or you cant dial out. I
> don’t want to point fingers at one company, but that’s who I use. I use
> another company and on my first day which was today! their DID’s went
> down for about 1 hour.

I left VoicePulse many months ago because my DID numbers wouldn't answer
incoming calls most of the time.  And I had serious quality problems
with outbound calls to Minnesota.  And the VoicePulse people couldn't
have cared any less about my problems.

I had to pull a customer off of TelIAX a month ago because of warble.  I
put them on NuFone and everything was fine.  Today I had to pull them
off NuFone and put them back on TelIAX because calls to NuFone weren't
going through.  Everything is fine on TelIAX today.

So, as Rosanne Rosannadana used to say, "There's always somthin!" (bless
her soul).

Rather than burning a bunch of time with customer service, I'm now
bouncing around to whatever vendor that is working.  Eventually, as in
the TelIAX case, their problems get fixed.  Hopefully, NuFone will start
accepting calls someday.

So, I would recommend having a current accounts with several vendors.
And you might want to read about ChanIsAvail.

Cheers,

--
Michael Welter
Telecom Matters Corp.