[Asterisk-biz] Who uses only VOIP for their business?

Juan Cardenas jaycard at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 16 15:49:04 MST 2005

I own a small call center and the implementation of VOIP has been a
nightmare. Since I operate 24/7 I tend to notice more than those of us
working 9-5 of system problems. I use Voicepulse Connect! Service and their
DID's have had problems everyday at the most crucial hour, usually 5pm. I
have already lost customers do to this and it makes want to ask, how many
like me are out there. What steps has you taken to make your VOIP solution
for reliable. Server wise, Asterisk wise everything has been great. It's
these VOIP outages that kill me. If it's not about calls that don't ring in,
it's busy DID numbers or you cant dial out. I don't want to point fingers at
one company, but that's who I use. I use another company and on my first day
which was today! their DID's went down for about 1 hour.

So I ask those other business owners out there, What are you doing to help
protect your business from outages.