[Asterisk-biz] D-Link DVX-1000

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Wed Nov 9 08:20:11 MST 2005

Having known Dlink and worked with their R&D Team in GOA, India for 2
months in making their SIP Phones work with Asterisk, I would not take
their equipment seriously.

I am afraid this device will meet the same fate as their other VOIP
equipment have met in the past. One of the reasons being that their SIP
Implementation is Non-Standard ( can we call it faulty) and does not
work with other Sip peers or UAs.

Dlink's Business IP Deskphone was plain garbage and their Dialup IP
Phone was pulled off the Asian markets due to user complaints and
product returns.

I havent seen their phones being officially released in US markets,
probably due to quality reasons.

But hey I will wish them good luck this time as they have a price point
most others cannot meet.

Seshu Kanuri