[Asterisk-biz] some things that really suck in customer support

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Sun Nov 6 20:46:12 MST 2005

Steve Totaro wrote:

>back and identify the acutal problem?  If they customer infact needs support
>for asterisk in general, then if you are any kind of salesperson, you have a
>new sale!  Otherwise it is a config issue and can be fixed quickly.  Basic
>business/sales practice isn't it?

Not when it takes 30-45 minutes per caller or longer if there is any
sort of language/accent difficulties.  Multiply that times 20,000+
customers and you tell me how many man hours that would take, per day.

Then go ahead and tell me how many salespeople do you know that can
really deal with Asterisk specific systems/configurations?

>You have plenty of time to monitor the lists, why not take some of that time and help people so they don't have to
>resort to posting how bad your company is.

So you say I should be working on a Sunday evening?  I don't even think
the communists are that demanding.

>If it were one or two complaints
>here and there, that one thing.  It is a steady flow of complaints on this
>list.  Anyone with a "clue" might start thinking, "HMMM maybe its not the
>customer, maybe it is me?"

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Jeremy McNamara