[Asterisk-biz] CNX Conference Bridge Appliance, supporting up to 120 concurrent users

Robert Welbourn rwelbourn at aastra.com
Thu Nov 3 07:34:12 MST 2005

As there has been interest expressed in conferencing applications on the
Asterisk-biz list of late, I thought I'd draw attention to our CNX
conference bridge appliance, which supports up to 120 concurrent users
over VoIP or TDM links.  More information can be found here:
http://www.aastra.com/enterpriseip/pro_238.asp, but the main highlights
are these:

*	PowerPC-based architecture running custom Linux distribution (<
20 MB), with Asterisk providing basic call processing
*	4 x T1/E1 spans, supported using a Zaptel-compatible driver,
with PRI and RBS support
*	Vocoding done using a dedicated DSP, supporting 64 channels of
G.729 or 120 channels of G.711 (all codec licenses are included with the
system)
*	SIP and H.323 support
*	Conference mixing, echo cancellation, DTMF detection, message
playout, automatic gain control and noise suppression provided using a
dedicated DSP
*	All storage uses Compact Flash; a single fan is the only moving
part.
*	1U high appliance, runs quietly and cool

Note that this is not just an out-of-the-box Asterisk implementation --
we have created a tailored package containing Asterisk, other
open-source applications, libraries and supporting frameworks alongside
our own custom application to provide a complete, read-to-run
conferencing platform. (For developers, source code is of course
available per the terms of the GPL, LGPL and other open sources licenses
included in the product documentation).

If anyone is interested, please contact me off-list.

Robert Welbourn

Product Line Manager, Aastra Network Access
8 Federal Street, Billerica, MA 01821, USA
Tel +1-978-436 4125 -- Mobile +1-617-510 5354