[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Contractor Wanted

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Thu May 12 16:57:53 MST 2005

I outsource a lot of my work to India, Russia and other locations, I don't
feel bad about it. I remember all the drives to raise money for the for the
poor in other countries, everyone felt so great being a mini-philantropist.
The same people who were happy to give away money are screaming because
people overseas are able to work for a living. Americans are all for
competition and globalization as long as they can be protective of jobs.
What did you think globalization meant?

Never forget perspective changes issues. Is it offshore if you live
offshore? Who's shore is it?

Do you think everything revolves around America? Do you have a god-given
right to have all the money and work, to dispense as you see fit, with no
reponsibility to compete on price?

If the internet allows intelligent and proficient workers to compete for
contracts and win them based on merit, it's enormously hypocritical to
daemonize companies who want to take advantage of it. If America was getting
lots of work from the internet, which it is, I don't think you would
complain about it.

Chris Mason
www.anguillaguide.com
Tel:  (305) 704-7249 Fax: (815)301-9759