[OT] Re: [Asterisk-biz] credit card payment

William Waites ww at groovy.net
Wed Mar 30 11:50:34 MST 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 01:21:16PM -0500, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

> Why don't you stop being a lemonade stand operation and get a real
> merchant account?
>
> Why would a customer trust you when you only accept paypal payments? Its
> instant sign of "hello, I am very small and I can't even afford to bother
> setting up a merchant account".

Oh come on, Alex. There are far more smart people with no money
than with money. Setting up a merchant account is relatively
complicated and expensive. For someone on a very tight budget
it is probably best left until after they have some revenue and
can afford it.

What you're really saying is, "Why would anybody trust a poor person?
you'd be better off getting a job at McDonalds than trying to play
with us rich kids." Please. This kind of attitude is why your
country has 3rd world levels of poverty right outside of the gated
communities that are busy irrigating the desert so they can have
nice green genetically modified lawns.

-w
--
William Waites, Consulting Technologist