[Asterisk-biz] ITSP Rant

Mike Benoit ipso at snappymail.ca
Wed Mar 30 10:31:38 MST 2005

The whole point of this thread is that we WANT to pick two, but in my
experience the two we want don't exist! What currently exists is only
ONE. Price. What I want (and assume other people posting to the thread)
want is:

Reliability and Quality

I'd be more then happy to pay 3-5cents/min to a company that has proven
reliable in both there quality of service and customer support. Just
because a company charges 3cents/min doesn't mean they are any better
then the 1cent/min company either.

You know what, this also doesn't mean that I require a 5 nine's SLA or
anything either, for a company to just fess up and say: "Yeah, we're
experiencing some issues right now and working to fix them, if they
aren't fixed by tomorrow we'll refund you X dollars" goes a LONG way.
Most customers will put up with a lot of crap if you at least treat them
with respect and let them know whats going on.

I understand that EVERY company is going to have issues at some point,
but how they handle them when they do happen is what keeps customers
happy.

I have a hard time understanding why this hasn't happened yet. I used to
work for a web hosting company that was all about support, and we
charged for it, but customers absolutely loved us. Often they would send
us baskets of wine/chocolates, order pizza's for the entire department,
send us other gifts etc... Just for doing our job, and answering their
questions honestly, even if we didn't know the answer, or couldn't help
them. Often we would hear of customers leaving us for "cheaper"
providers, but we could almost always mark the calendar, and they would
be back, and be happy to pay the setup fee just to get decent support
again.