[Asterisk-biz] ITSP Rant

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Wed Mar 30 10:44:25 MST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Mike Benoit wrote:

> I'd be more then happy to pay 3-5cents/min to a company that has proven
> reliable in both there quality of service and customer support. Just
> because a company charges 3cents/min doesn't mean they are any better
> then the 1cent/min company either.
If you are using VoIP over the Internet, you can't demand nor expect
guaranteed quality of service, period. Neither you nor your provider
control all of the path between you.

If you agree to pay 3-5c/minute, and you have reasonable volume to justify
a PRI circuit, just get one from a carrier like XO, their retail rate is
4c/minute for termination.

-alex