[Asterisk-biz] lowest voip service with IAX2 termination

Anton Krall akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx
Sat Mar 26 21:51:02 MST 2005

True!

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of steve szmidt
Sent: Sábado, 26 de Marzo de 2005 07:31 p.m.
To: Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-biz] lowest voip service with IAX2 termination

On Saturday 26 March 2005 12:43, Anton Krall wrote:
> I understand what you say Brandon but that’s exactly what I was wondering.
> If when using pstn, the called person of an 800 number is the one that
> pays for the call, why on voip, the calle has to pay something when in
> fact, when connecting the call, the voip providers doesn’t pay for the
> call either, the connecting from their voip equipment to pstn for that
> cal is also paid by the persona owning the 800 number.

Elementary, dear sir. With TELCO's there's an agreement (a service) of who
pays for the pleasure. With VoIP however that same agreement has not been
made, and I doubt it will for a long time.

With VoIP you enjoy very low rates, but you pay for everything. VoIP has not
been around and had all the "kinks", or different ways things can be done,
worked on for very long.

--

Steve Szmidt

neither liberty nor safety."