[Asterisk-biz] lowest voip service with IAX2 termination

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Sat Mar 26 18:30:32 MST 2005

On Saturday 26 March 2005 12:43, Anton Krall wrote:
> I understand what you say Brandon but that’s exactly what I was wondering.
> If when using pstn, the called person of an 800 number is the one that pays
> for the call, why on voip, the calle has to pay something when in fact,
> when connecting the call, the voip providers doesn’t pay for the call
> either, the connecting from their voip equipment to pstn for that cal is
> also paid by the persona owning the 800 number.

Elementary, dear sir. With TELCO's there's an agreement (a service) of who
pays for the pleasure. With VoIP however that same agreement has not been
made, and I doubt it will for a long time.

With VoIP you enjoy very low rates, but you pay for everything. VoIP has not
been around and had all the "kinks", or different ways things can be done,
worked on for very long.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin