[Asterisk-biz] lowest voip service with IAX2 termination

James Taylor jltaylor at metrotel.net
Sat Mar 26 11:44:25 MST 2005

All LD, unless totally VOIP cost money.

Forget about the term "toll free" - that's just marketing talk for the
consumer making the call.

800 calls are actually "REVERSE BILLING" called party pays instead of
calling party.

So, if I sell you an 800 number, I pay the LD company that originates the
call from the PSTN from .004 to .015 to deliver the call to my gateway,
switch or whatever, then I tag on my part to deliver the call to you.

Think of the carrier like a moving van company, the guy who delivers the
furniture gets paid the most.

Since I am a RESPORG and program my own 800 numbers, I may, in some LATAs
handle all legs of the call and in that case, I get to keep all of the
money.

800 numbers either go to an IXC (ld carrier) who has connections in each
LATA or, to *multiple* carriers.
They can be programmed to ring directly to DID numbers in some LATAs via
the LEC and in other LATAs via an IXC.
So, in LATAs where I have a switch (gateway), I carry my own 800 traffic.
In other LATAs, I send the traffic to an LD carrier.

There are just a handfull of Independent RESPORGs (like myself) out
there.  Most are LD carriers and will ONLY send traffic to themselves (why
give away the revenue?).

This leads me to my commercial:
"...Independent RESPORG service available.  Program your 800 numbers to go
to multiple carriers. Pick your best rates.  Other features include: Same
800 number to multiple destinations, time-of-day routing, day-of-year
routing, block/allow any call by selecting ANI, LATA, STATE, AREACODE,
etc.  AND, all of this take place BEFORE it ever hits your gateway.

Don't be at the mercy of your LD carrier.  If you buy from a carrier and
your relationship goes South, I can have your numbers re-routed in minutes
-- without contacting them..."

Now, for all you calling card companies out there that understand this,
give me a call:

James Taylor
MetroTel
903-793-1956