[Asterisk-biz] PBX Billing Engine

aza aza at azaclauson.com
Tue Mar 22 18:26:54 MST 2005

Hi,

We have put together a billing engine that may be of use to
some people.

There is a very crude web interface, unfortunately at this
stage only with
 minimal instructions and also with some missing
functionality
(there's almost as much work in the interface as in the
engine):

http://d1555014.pre58.site-manager.com/

The engine is written in .Net (C#) and is accessible via a
web service interface:

http://d1555014.pre58.site-manager.com/pbxadmin.asmx?op=BillCall

The way we use it is to run a very simple program on our
Linux database
server to send call records to the web service. Can be done
in batch or realtime.

Some of the features:

- Supports both Pay As You Go and Minutes Per Month packages
and rolls over
onto Pay As You Go once the minutes for that month are used
up,
- Supports unlimited time patterns to allow rates to be
applied depending on the
time of day or any other date characteristic,
- Separates the destination name from the call pattern.
Handy when suppliers
give you rate tables with weird names,
- Call patterns can be regular expressions or number
prefixes (regexp take priority),
- Supports different rates for different services, ie.
Subscribers can get cheaper
rates then Pay As You Goers,
- Supports customer specific rates

We will be open sourcing this in case anyone would like to
use it.

Aaron