[Asterisk-biz] Re: [Asterisk-Users] Newbie Question

Jason Becker jason at coalescentsystems.ca
Fri Mar 4 10:19:48 MST 2005

Mike Dent wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:06:40 -0700, Jason Becker

>>With AMP you can have a basic working system in a few _hours_. And if
>>you have people experieced with Linux and PBXs you can do it yourself
>>and it costs you nothing to get the basic working system. More info:
>>
>>http://amp.coalescentsystems.ca

> Hi,
> I've not looked at AMP until today when I installed a Asterisk at Home
> box over lunch time,
> it does look very nice.

Thank you for your kind words. I failed to mention that with AMP a basic
working system includes a generic dialplan and the ability to configure
voicemail, setup IVRs and much much more.

> Couple of questions:
>
> Is it possible to upgrade the version of AMP installed on a
> Asterisk at Home box if need be?

Although we are in contact with the Asterisk at Home (AAH) project
maintainer we cannot guarantee that upgrades of AMP on AAH will work.
There are differences in implementation between AAH at AMP.

> Is it possible to 'brand'  AMP yourself and perhaps sell it as part of
> a package/system.

Yes. Others certainly do. You must adhere to the obligations of the GPL
and not remove the copyright information, etc. We do want to provide a
facility for branding in a future release of AMP. We would like to
provide a "Powered by AMP" graphic for the footer and your logo or the
buyer's logo can be uploaded through the administration interface for
the header.

Regards,

--
Jason Becker