[Asterisk-biz] Large volume inbound US provider request

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Jul 21 04:57:57 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 07:35 -0400, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:
>
> > I am seeking a VoIP provider to do large volume inbound only traffic.
> > The traffic is expected to be several million minutes per month based on
> > current commitments I already have.
> >
> > As some providers have CLEC status in the US and as such get access
> > charges/reciprocol compensation for inbound calls I would like to
> > discuss a profit sharing agreement since I would be driving a very large
> > volume of calls into their networks.
> Nobody really has recips anymore. At any case, several millions mou/month
> of inbound is really nothing. Dialup providers routinely do millions of
> minutes. Also, the best case recip (for people who still have it) is
> 0.05c/minute - million of minutes is 500$/month - hardly something a CLEC
> would pay much attention to.

Yeah that is why AT&T filed in montana in 2004 to get qwests changed
from 4 cents to something lower (but still over 2 cents).  Why in
nebraska it can be over 14 cents a minute for local (largely structured
to screw qwest).  Why iowa I believe has no caps on it and SBC signs
agreements saying "you cant charge more than we do" and stupid CLECs
agree and dont read that clause (nor do their lawyers) and when they
wanted 4 cents a minute they only get 2 cents and it works out to a huge
difference to them later on (one specific 2005 case was $200k for one
month difference).

Long distance doesnt pay either, why SBC sued AT&T in 2004 (or was it
2003?).  This was the *difference* between what AT&T paid (local rate)
vs what they should have paid (long distance rate).  According to SEC
filings, court records and all it was a $100M/year case.

They do exist, they are real, although some are starting to do bill and
keep, some states prohibit that.

given how long it takes to actually get certified as a clec in some
states (arizona takes a year for example) I was looking for someone
already set up so that it would be quicker on my end.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378