[Asterisk-biz] Large volume inbound US provider request

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Thu Jul 21 04:35:40 MST 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:

> I am seeking a VoIP provider to do large volume inbound only traffic.
> The traffic is expected to be several million minutes per month based on
> current commitments I already have.
>
> As some providers have CLEC status in the US and as such get access
> charges/reciprocol compensation for inbound calls I would like to
> discuss a profit sharing agreement since I would be driving a very large
> volume of calls into their networks.
Nobody really has recips anymore. At any case, several millions mou/month
of inbound is really nothing. Dialup providers routinely do millions of
minutes. Also, the best case recip (for people who still have it) is
0.05c/minute - million of minutes is 500$/month - hardly something a CLEC
would pay much attention to.

In fact, most CLECs will charge you *more* for inbound-only circuits,
because they won't be making money on the LD.

-alex