[Asterisk-biz] switch

Steve Smith steve at chase3000.com
Sun Jan 30 11:38:50 MST 2005

I live in a very rural area and may have the opportunity to access a cell
phone license that would allow us to provide cell phone service to the area.
However, it may be necessary for us to provide our own switch to make this
work they way we want.  We have dabbled with asterisk but do not know its
full capabilities.  My questions:

1.	Can asterisk be configured to act like a switch,

a.	Interconnecting local cell to cell calls?
b.	Transferring non cell to cell calls to another remote switch that is
connected to the PSTN?
c.	Handling up to 5,000 cell phones?

Has anyone done anything like this?

Can it be done?