[Asterisk-biz] success stories?

Christopher L. Wade clwade at sparco.com
Thu Jan 20 09:46:51 MST 2005

Shamsul.Arefin at saktek.com.au wrote:
> 5        Most of the cheap brand phones does not implement SIP RFC very
> well that why you will find most of the key did not work on cheap phones
> like                 grandstream and others. We have our own phones
> developed and all of the SIP functions works very well with asterisk, we
> also have tested snom as         well and found no problem.

What do you mean by "We have our own phones developed"?  Are you
speaking of a soft-phone or a hard-phone?  If hard-phone, exactly how
did you go about 'developing' your own?

I've mentioned on the -users list in the past the idea of 'building' a
phone using extremely low-end ($$$-wise) pc equipment with tiny,
low-resolution LCD's to produce a soft-phone based hard-phone.

I would love to know what you did to 'develop' your own phone :)

-Chris