[Asterisk-biz] success stories?

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Thu Jan 20 09:27:59 MST 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 10:15:18PM +1100, Shamsul.Arefin at saktek.com.au spake thusly:
> About 75% of story except faulty card is due to lack of experiance in
> Telco and VoIP bussiness.

Perhaps. We all have to start somewhere.

> 1       We only use E1 quad span card (yes they are expensive but it does
> the job very well)

Isn't the price/port much better if you a Cisco or Lucent and terminate a
whole bunch of T-1's or DS-3's at the same time?

> to huge         volume. To keep our system in optimal condition we
> performed maintnance every forthnight. They way system keeps smooth.

What sort of maintenance?

> 3       We still using kernel 2.4 becuase 2.6 has lots of problems and
> only the stable version works well.

I have had pretty good luck with 2.6 so far. It seems to have stabilized
nicely.

> 5       Most of the cheap brand phones does not implement SIP RFC very
> well that why you will find most of the key did not work on cheap phones
> like            grandstream and others. We have our own phones developed
> and all of the SIP functions works very well with asterisk, we also have
> tested snom as  well and found no problem.

The transfer button on my Snom 220 still seems to not work so we are using
# transfers for now which is a kludge. There is a button on the Cisco that
# doesn't do anything also.

--
Tracy Reed    http://copilotcom.com
This message is cryptographically signed for your protection.