[Asterisk-biz] Unlocking post-Vonage ATA-186s, again

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Tue Jan 18 13:14:51 MST 2005

Roderick Montgomery wrote:

>Don't the time and materials required to execute your
>undisclosed method well exceed the cost of Vonage's unlocking fee?

What time and materials?  Like I said, I had the PAP2 reconfigured to my
Asterisk box within 30 minutes after bringing it home from Staples....
using nothing more than my laptop and a cross-over cable... The device
asks for something specific upon bootup, right?

I have shown a few people in this community how to do it... they are
simply not getting involved in this thread or telling others how to do
it, because I have asked them not to.

Jeremy McNamara