[Asterisk-biz] Unlocking post-Vonage ATA-186s, again

Roderick Montgomery rod at thecomplex.com
Tue Jan 18 12:50:20 MST 2005

According to Jeremy McNamara:

> Be smarter than what you are working on and think like a hardware
> engineer for a half a second.

Oh, I get it. You were one of those guys that rearranges the stickers on a
Rubik's Cube and declares it "solved." I guess we have different
perspectives on what "trivial" means. =]

If you're crafty with TSOPs and JTAGs, congratulations. I have the requisite
humility to say that for me, as I suspect for many others, such methods are
not trivial. Don't the time and materials required to execute your
undisclosed method well exceed the cost of Vonage's unlocking fee?

rm