[Asterisk-biz] Unlocking post-Vonage ATA-186s, again

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Tue Jan 18 10:58:17 MST 2005

Roderick Montgomery wrote:

>A factory reset (dialing # FACTRESET, or # 32273738) *is* very trivial, but
>that's not what we're talking about.

That is not what I am talking about.   Sipura has another back door to
stop units from coming back, when they are not really bricks, just confused.
Be smarter than what you are working on and think like a hardware
engineer for a half a second.

>I call your bluff; I say you don't have such a method.

Ok then, are you volunteering to pay the legal bill if I disclose the
information and Cisco/Vonage/Sipura gets pissed off?    I demonstrated
how to unlock the PAP2s for a select group of people at Astricon, that
same method is still valid.

Jeremy McNamara