[Asterisk-biz] Call termination database 0.2

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Sun Feb 20 15:25:05 MST 2005

Michael Welter wrote:

> Then I could just point 1303, 1720, and 1646 to one rate_id entry.
>
> Just my 2¢.

This is the model I would build, agreed (it's what we use internally for
this sort of thing).

In addition, I would not let them enter "1303" as text, but rather pick
that route from the "master route list" (adding it if needed first).

There will be much less data to store this way, and once a provider
posts a "plan" they can click checkboxes next to all available routes to
define which routes that plan applies to (likely filtered so they don't
have to see everything in the database). This would also make it obvious
to them when they have not provided a plan for a sub-route that they
should have.