[Asterisk-biz] Investment opportunity for a growth company

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Tue Feb 15 20:57:43 MST 2005

Robert Augustyn wrote:
> All,
> I cannot say if Seshu is a good person or a bad one but why do we go out of
> our way to slam on him?
> To be honest I was very close to write very similar post.
> I would not call myself a VC but I would consider myself a businessman who
> thinks that there is a great potential in this industry.
> Currently I do not have a lot of time to do it all so yes I would invest in
> an existing business or a great idea.
> I have experience in IT at all levels and as a businessman.
> If anybody is interested in building a business together I would love to
> talk to you but you will have to be prepared to share your balance sheet,
> Income statement other financials of your company otherwise nobody( who
> knows anything about valuation of a business ) will invest with you.
>
> Please contact me directly as I will not like to get into another similar
> discussion.

The reason this started was because Seshu came across as a vulture
capatalist rather than a serious investor.  The tone of your post, as
compared with Seshu's, is much more positive.

So here is my private response to Seshu, right before I read your post:

 >Yes, this thread is dead.  It's just too bad your final post wasn't
 >your first post... none of this would have happened.
 >
 >So how risk averse are you?  I have some T-1 circuits I would like to
 >order (for VoIP/PSTN bridges), but the best price comes with a three
 >year commitment--say $600/month for 36 months for one PRI circuit.
 >Would you be willing to take some of that risk?  What would I have to
 >give up?
 >
 >Michael Welter
 >303-674-2575

I'll eventually have VoIP/PSTN bridges in Denver, Salt Lake,
Albuquerque/Santa Fe, Omaha/Lincoln, Minneapolis, Oklahoma City, and
Kansas City.  I'll need two PRI circuits at each location.  From these
systems I'll sell iPBX services to businesses, and I'll also offer
wholesale termination to other VoIP providers.  There will also be
hosting fees and Internet connection charges at each location.  I'll be
installing the Denver system in about two weeks with the launch in March.

I'll also have a capital outlay of about $5,000 at each location.

Do you see a fit here?

Cheers,
Mike