[Asterisk-biz] Peggy PBX and Asterisk

Alex Pui alex.pui at gemflex.net
Sun Feb 13 20:26:06 MST 2005

I don't think the box is the same as traditional PBX, it is an IP-PBX, a
competition to Asterisk and that will steal the supporter like Dan from
Asterisk. We don't have to assume him to be the promoter of Peggy, we have
to listen and to learn how to fight back, and not to ask him to go away.

This is a business forum, we must make business sense, if this box is much
easier to handle like Dan has experienced here (I have no way to endorse his
experience as I have not played with that before, but certainly I will try)
and they are cheaper, than we would understand that Idiom's configuration
package ($750 for the 15 extension configuration not to include any
hardware?) have a hurdle to pass. We have not made Asterisk easy enough for
everybody and we can't cross the chasm to mainstream market.

Of course, if there is no intention to build Asterisk for the main stream,
and everybody here is not going to make money from Asterisk, sorry, may be
we should change this forum to Asterisk-visions so we don't have diversified
thing to say, everybody will then come to here only to cheer Asterisk.

Alex