[Asterisk-biz] Epygi PBX and Asterisk

Trevor G. Hammonds trevor at skyhost.net
Sun Feb 13 18:07:26 MST 2005

Dan Iordanescu wrote on Sunday, 13 February 2005 4:43 PM:

> And now the important bit: all you do is take it out of the box,
> point a browser to it and configure the dial plan, subscribers and
> WAN/LAN details (if needed). That's all. Nothing else. No CVS,
> installations, compilations, file editing etc. 30 minutes max and it
> works.

This is the same as most other traditional PBX or key phone systems in a
very small configuration, as you mention.  So, I have to ask, what is your
point?

> I use and work with Asterisk for more than 2 years. I have tried so
> many things... Somebody tell me about a better box than Epygi
> (price/features/ease of installation and use) and I'll switch to it.
> If you'll tell me buy a computer, download this and install that,
> it's already too expensive. Time is most expensive.

You are obviously not suited to Asterisk.  Perhaps you should stick to more
traditional telephony products.  In fact, you may be well suited to Centrex
or other CO-based solutions, as they take NO setup.  You just plug the phone
into the wall, and they work.

		Sincerely,
		Trevor Hammonds