[Asterisk-biz] Business Phones

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Thu Feb 10 14:27:17 MST 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 02:53:29PM -0500, Jason Brown spake thusly:
> Snom - excellent quality. All of the buttons work. NAT functionality was

Did you try a Snom 220? I can't get the transfer button working for the
life of me. Currently having to use the # transfer hack. I seem to recall
that the conference button didn't work either.

> exceptional. Web Interface was really, really good. I loved this phone

I found the web interface on the 220 to be quite complicated. LOTS of
options in there. I'm not sure if this is good or bad. Configuring the
extra function keys isn't terribly straightforward either.

> until I dumped it on 3 of my beta testing customers. The phones were
> universally despised.  They hate having to push the OK button to make a
> call, even when you explain the procedure of dialing first then picking

You shouldn't have to push the OK button if you set up the dialplan in the
phone right. Setting up the dialplan involves complicated regex.

> up the handset. They hated the default ringtones. They hated the handset
> being too light and many times, the handset slides off the cradle then
> the extension rings busy.

Handset being light is indeed a problem. I don't see why people make such
a big deal about ringtones. And I certainly don't understand why cell
phone users pay real money for ringtones. As long as my phone makes some
sort of noise to let me know someone wants to talk to me, I'm happy.

--
Tracy Reed
http://ultraviolet.org