[Asterisk-biz] looking for responsible iax provider, aftermath

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Wed Feb 9 17:42:22 MST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Hermann Wecke wrote:

> Andrew Thompson wrote:
> > nufone - no local dids, horrible support, tollfree did's didn't work *
>
> My tollfree number with NuFone is working flawlessly for several months
> so far. No reason to complain and every email to support was replied
> (not always fast, but never forgotten). This topic will be another
> endless troll against NuFone...

I have two 800 numbers from NuFone, and both work just fine. In fact,
we've had two opportunities where in a pinch we re-directed other 800
numbers to the NuFone 800 numbers to get around an SBC Fiber cut that
took out 2 PRI for a customer. We beat the crap out of the NuFone numbers
for a few days, carrying upwards of 30 concurrent calls and had NOT ONE
complaint from our customer, or any client of that customer. All we got
was positive feedback. In fact, the experience helped us SELL the customer
on leaving our Asterisk server in their facility and ripping out their old
PBX.

I am not one that believes in Voice over Public Internet as a day-to-day
mission critical application, but in this case, it saved our Customer's
A** and it helped us get more business. People can whine all they want,
but I'll trust Jeremy's network implementation over the others out there.
I can't say I've had that smooth of a ride with ANY other provider.

                             KP-216-121-ST