[Asterisk-biz] Hotel Interface

Michael Welter mike at telecommatters.net
Mon Dec 26 08:24:09 MST 2005

C F wrote:
> The answer is that you can interface it with any PMS, asterisk is in
> fact the right system for this job, as it allows you to upgrade your
> PMS without worry about the PBX, since the PBX (asterisk) can always
> be changed to match the PMS. However, you might have to get a good
> programmer to do this for you.

Are you saying that all the OP has to do is take a cable, any cable, and
plug one end into the Linux box and the other end into the PMS box
(irrespective of brand) and it will work?  That call detail will
magically appear in the guest's record?  That the room phone will
magically allow long distance dialing when the guest checks in and reset
when the guest checks out?  That the maids will dial a particular
extension and the room inventory will magically reflect a room for sale?
  That the front desk will be notified when a guest dials 911?

Seriously C F, I don't think you understand the problem.