[Asterisk-biz] Fraud Alert: CGC Technologies (HK) Limited & Digiumchina.com

David Liu david at deltapath.com
Tue Dec 6 19:27:16 MST 2005

Yes Mark,

In many ways, I can only blame myself for letting this slip through.
This is why its important to have someone on the other end to put a stop
sign when things smell fishy.  They actually did give an upfront
payment, but significantly lower than what we demanded.  They explained
that's because their customer only gave them that much.  It's very easy
to let these guys get through with when you handle the sales because you
want to close the deal.

Too bad when they didn't pay, they didn't say their customer didn't pay
them!

Yes technically the hardware and services are still our property, but
the end user won't give it back to us, because to them they are not even
dealing with us but CGC.  And they paid them in full!

But anyway, I hope others in community can be benefited by knowing about
this.  To the very least, do beware when dealing with middlemans.  The
best would be just award them a commission when the project is completed.

David