[Asterisk-biz] Fwd: Where did my DID's go??

C. Hatton Humphrey chumphrey at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 19:08:23 MST 2005

> B) Call your new provider and have them add routing information to the
> routing database... if there tech support/repair department is not helpful,
> escalate the issue by calling the business office... speak to a sales
> manager or operations manager... someone who will be motivated to actually
> get the work done rather than wait for the LNP notification.

I've tried doing that, I'm speaking directly with the owner of the new
provider.  He wants to get this fixed as quickly and as badly as I
want it fixed.

What bugs me about this is the completely helpless state it puts me
and my office mates in.  If there is no level of recourse for us
besides the new carrier then we are truely over a barrel if someone
screws the pooch and doesn't want to take responsibility for it.  I
guess this isn't so much an Asterisk issue but a business decision and
operating one... hence the reason I brought the discussion over here.

Hatton