[Asterisk-biz] Fwd: Where did my DID's go??

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Mon Aug 22 19:10:48 MST 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, C. Hatton Humphrey wrote:

> What bugs me about this is the completely helpless state it puts me and
> my office mates in.  If there is no level of recourse for us besides the
> new carrier then we are truely over a barrel if someone screws the pooch
> and doesn't want to take responsibility for it.  I guess this isn't so
> much an Asterisk issue but a business decision and operating one...
> hence the reason I brought the discussion over here.
Let me put it this way: If you will lose many thousands of dollars for
each day or hour your business does not have phone service, why would you
entrust this to a company that is being paid 30$/month for the service?

LNP *off* a non-ILEC companies are hit and miss. Sometimes you can't even
get your number ported out from companies like Vonage, etc.

-alex