[Asterisk-biz] Pricing Options and Models

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Wed Apr 27 17:26:21 MST 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Preston Garrison wrote:

> No carrier that I know charges per-minute for inbound on PRI.
>
> Didn't say PRI, I stand by my grounds for most people its pointless to
> buy a PRI, get a SIP handoff from a reliable provider.
That's an oxymoron. If you are doing SIP over internet, by definition, it
*cannot* ever possibly be reliable. Neither you nor provider control the
path in between. Quite possibly, the definition of word reliable in the
lemonade-stand kinda way is not the same 'reliable' in the
telco-five-nines kinda way.

I will admit that getting SIP handoff directly into the carrier's SBC is
no worse (possible issues with faxing aside) than proper PRI. However,
you'll notice that carriers who provide such interface still charge on the
basis of concurrent channels.

-alex