[Asterisk-biz] Pricing Options and Models

Preston Garrison preston at mailblocks.com
Wed Apr 27 18:00:10 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: alex at pilosoft.com
To: Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
<asterisk-biz at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:50:25 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-biz] Pricing Options and Models

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Max Clark wrote:

> 1. Port based - just like a local T1 provides unlimited inbound
calling,
> customer pays the outbound usage, capped on maximum simultaneous
ports.

> 2. Usage based - customer pays for inbound and outbound calls based on
> minutes.
No carrier that I know charges per-minute for inbound on PRI.

Didn't say PRI, I stand by my grounds for most people its pointless to
buy a PRI, get a SIP handoff from a reliable provider.

> With a PRI a 16 mile radius is usually considered local calling and
free
> outbound, are there any SIP providers that make this distinction
(i.e.
> is there any concept of local calling with a port based SIP contract)?
No, with PRI, you usually pay lower per-minute charge for local calls,
but
you do still pay. You pay a *higher* per-minute charge for intralata
toll.

I don't pay any per minutes on any PRIs I use..