[Asterisk-Biz] SS7 available for Asterisk

Alex Pui alex.pui at act-labs.com
Fri Apr 15 12:05:23 MST 2005

Alex,

 >>With all due respect, I think Mark and Digium deserve the right to make
money, and other developers...Well, don't :)

-alex

Is this serious opinion or is this a joke, can you elaborate further on
this? I know Mark is the creator of Asterisk, no doubt, he should be
respected of his contribution. But did he tell everybody that he will make
money on this and others would have anything? If he did, and everybody wants
to help him, then it would be fine, otherwise, it is cheating or at least to
take advantage of others, in my opinion.
May be we don't have a choice, but I would not say Digium "deserve" the
right, they can simply issue shares to developer who has contributed, and if
Digium make money, everybody got something, then I would use the word
"deserve"

Alex