[Asterisk-Biz] SS7 available for Asterisk

Markku Korpi Markku at Korpi.de
Fri Apr 15 09:33:10 MST 2005

Michael is completely correct.
We analyze each SS7 project inquiry individually and provide our quote
to them based on the network structure and amount of work, maintenance,
etc.  We did this for many inquiries over the past few days. In small
systems the price per E1/T1 is obviously different than in large ones.
The quote someone was kind enough to publish was a small system license
fee that included SS7 SW maintenance for one year. I hope that clarifies.

What does it mean that we are providing our solution outside of GPL?
It means that we are and will be supporting Asterisk by both using the
Digium HW and by paying license fees to Digium. This is the way and
strategy of our small team to fund contributions by others (and by
ourselves!) to Asterisk Open Source. Additionally this is our
contribution in bringing Asterisk in carrier space and hopefully quite
substantial over the time.

As Steve Underwood has written on other threads earlier, it should be
quite obvious that we do not want to publish our SS7 code, because we
are responsible for the its operation in each project and do not want
that anyone else makes modifications in it. This is also requirement for
certifications.

Markku