[Asterisk-biz] LiveVOIP

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 10:48:05 MST 2005

Has anyone else noticed how almost all of the low cost providers hang
off of second tier, cheap bandwidth colo providers?   You have to know
this effects their reliability.  Even livevoip uses less than optimal
facilities, although they seem to be better than some.

What I don't get is that first rate bandwidth isn't that much more.
For $1000 month I have a full rack with 3mbps at Internap at a major
hub with the meetme room just 2 floors away.   If I wanted to save
some money I could go with a cheaper colo provider in the same
building and go with someone like Level3 for bandwidth.  A full rack
with 1mbps in this scenario would be about $500.

Chris