[Asterisk-biz] roadrunner, voip and what is going on with this?

James Taylor jltaylor at metrotel.net
Wed Apr 6 16:11:58 MST 2005

Sounds fishy to me too.

I just checked a RR connection in Houston and didn't have this problem.

"YOU" have no trouble "seeing" what is going on, you know what is
happening!
Proving it may be a little more difficult.
The FCC has already fined some ISP's for tinkering with other VOIP
providers packets.

Why don't you try a connection entirely on their network - between two RR
customers.

If it works instantly, then you've found both the problem and a solution:
Subscribe to the RR hi-speed service, put another NIC in your box, point
all of the RR customers to the new IP address.  Keep it all on their
bandwidth.

Now you have time to document and fight it out.

James

--
James Taylor
MetroTel