[Asterisk-biz] roadrunner, voip and what is going on with this?

Jamie Fargen jfargen at disverge.com
Wed Apr 6 15:57:32 MST 2005

What type of ATA's are your clients using? I had a similar problem with
not seeing the call setup for 10 seconds on my * server after the number
was dialed. I visited the IRC channel and a TomL promptly gave me some
advise that allowed me to correct the issue. I am using a PAP2-NA and
TomL said he had a similar problem on his Sipura ATA which only makes
sense because Linksys licensed their SIP technology from Sipura. He said
I needed to change the setting called "Inter" something which I can't
recall, I just went to each page and did a search for Inter until I
found some boxes which had an adjustable time. On the PAP2-NA you must
go through the Admin Login ----> Advanced Settings -----> Regional and
change the field to Interdigit Long Timer. On the PAP2-NA as well as the
Sipura model (according to TomL) the default setting is 10 seconds. I
changed mine to 2.7 seconds which seems to be a very reasonable time
frame to wait for the last digit of a call to begin. There is another
field called Interdigit Short Timer does anyone know what this field
controls?

Thanks
Jamie Fargen