[Asterisk-biz] roadrunner, voip and what is going on with this?

Jason Brown jason at bpns.net
Wed Apr 6 15:24:42 MST 2005

I am having the strangest problem. I have customers who have bellsouth dsl,
sprint dsl, adelphia cable, and roadrunner.

My customers with bell dsl, sprint dsl, and adelphia cable dial a number,
and they connect in no time.

My customers who  have roadrunner take 10-15 seconds for the packets to even
hit my network. ALL of them. Not just a couple. ALL of them.

I even went so far as to go out to a customer's house with my laptop and
protocol analyzer. This guy also has a vonage phone. His vonage call went
right out from his router and connected in no time. Made a call from my ATA,
it took 12 seconds for the packets to even reach my * box.

Now I hear from a friend that Vonage actually supplies roadrunner's VOIP
service. Is this true? Can anyone verify this?

Something is really fishy.