[Asterisk-biz] any ITSP's offering 911 services?

Justin B.Newman justin.newman at binhost.com
Wed Apr 6 14:06:22 MST 2005

On Apr 6, 2005, at 2:02 AM, Jason Brown wrote:

> Wondering if any of the ITSP’s are offering 911 and what your are
> doing to get your locator records uploaded to the ALI.
>
>  I have tried 3 e-911 vendors with no luck. One of the ILEC’s here in
> town that controls the ALI won’t take the updates to the ALI from
> anyone who isn’t a CLEC.
>
> Anyone else running into this? I am at a loss as to why the
> municipalities continue this, when the TX attorney general wants to
> turn around and sue V for not having adequate 911 service.
>
> Anyone figured a way around the system yet without paying thousands
> for it?

BinFone offers 911 service on-request in the Baltimore-Washington
region.  We expect to be rolling out a 911 product in our other markets
within the next 60-90 days.  It's quite possible we could pass the
service we're procuring on to you (and/or others).  Drop me a note if
you're interested.

Yours,

-jbn