[Asterisk-biz] any ITSP's offering 911 services?

James Taylor jltaylor at metrotel.net
Wed Apr 6 11:54:57 MST 2005

The AG's suit is NOT about failure to have adequate 911 service.

It IS:
"...for failing to make clear to consumers that the company’s current
service does not include access to traditional emergency 9-1-1 service..."

The action was filed under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?id=850

If you do business in Texas, you should read the Act.
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/docs/BC/content/htm/bc.002.00.000017.00.htm

Violations call for treble damages.

James