[Asterisk-biz] tandem locations

Justin B Newman justin.newman at binhost.com
Tue Apr 5 18:56:50 MST 2005

asterisk at slkgroups.com wrote:
> Herman - Jamie -
> Alex clarified it nicely. sorry- i often make the mistake of assuming all know what i am talking about.
>
> i am trying to determine where the ILEC has there 'central switches' - the ones that 'talk' to all/most of the other switches in a LATA. i was offered a deal on PRI circuits - but i need to get a piece of real estate near the 'tandem'.

Keith-

Generally, this information is only of use to Facilities-Based CLECs.
Facilities-based CLECs shouldn't have any trouble getting this
information out of Verizon, as it is necessary to function.

That said, given that you're in Pennsylvania, you might chat with your
local PPL Telcom rep.  In my neck of the woods (Maryland), PPLT
generally has fiber going into all the Verizon COs that are Tandems.
They probably could tell you quickly exactly which ones they are, as
well as hook you up with lines to all of them for a reasonable price. ;)

(If you need a contact at PPLT, let me know).

Yours,

-jbn
Justin B Newman
BinFone Telecom