[Asterisk-biz] http://www.asterisksupport.org

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Apr 1 03:40:53 MST 2005

> steve szmidt wrote:
> > On Thursday 31 March 2005 14:33, Rehan Ahmed AllahWala - Super
> Technologies I
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Help your self guys
> >>
> >>http://www.asterisksupport.org
> >

> > My only question is, why? What's wrong with the wiki we already have?
> Why
> > would we want to split up the effort into two different locations?
> >
> > I highly recommend for everyone to stick to the established wiki, or you
> migt
> > find yourself needing to search two different places every time you need
> > something.
>
> I think that there are too many places to find support information for
> Asterisk.
>
> A couple of months ago I closed my popular fnords.org Asterisk site,
> tar'd everything up, and donated it all to the asteriskdocs.org project.
>
> I encourage anyone that has an Asterisk related webpage to consider
> doing the same thing.

Too many places for information?  I don't think that is possible.

I do suggest a different use for the site though.  It would benefit the
whole community.  Mirror voip-info.org.  Although fairly rare, the real wiki
goes down and when it does while searching for an answer, it can leave an
astrician stranded.

Thanks
Steve